KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

(1) AHM w/ MRTG and (2) syslog forwarding?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jimi Ray Clapton

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: (1) AHM w/ MRTG and (2) syslog forwarding? Reply with quote

Several dumb questions...

I'm using RMA's to collect data about devices behind a client's firewall and would like to pull SNMP metrics via RMA for use in MRTG (which is running on the same machine as AHM off site). Can someone help me conceptualize how I would set up RMA to do this and how I get the data into MRTG? Do I need something like RRDTool to store the data in? I've tried Log Analyzer to mimic MRTG, but hit the wall there too.

Also, is it possible to set up RMA as a syslog "relay"? I know RMA can send syslog, but can it recieve syslog and forward it back to a syslog daemon running elsewhere?

Thanks!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may use "SNMP Get" test performed by RMA to retrieve data from some system behind firewall. Than HostMonitor can send data to MRTG or syslog daemon using "SNMP Trap" or "syslog" actions.
HostMonitor can send data directly or using RMA (the same RMA that performed the test or any other RMA)

Quote:
Also, is it possible to set up RMA as a syslog "relay"? I know RMA can send syslog, but can it recieve syslog and forward it back to a syslog daemon running elsewhere?

No. Neither RMA nor HostMonitor can receive syslog messages.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: