KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Administering web report access in a DHCP environment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis Kane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Administering web report access in a DHCP environment Reply with quote

I have set up user accounts for various users of the web report access. It appears I have to enter their specific IP address as though everyone was on a static IP address. We are in a DHCP environment. How can I set up web access for users whose IP address may be changing as they lose and renew their DHCP address?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If system where Web Server is installed uses static IP address, add this single address to the list.

Regards
Alex
Dennis Kane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't this mean anyone can then gain access to the reports?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who knows username and password.
BTW: Are you talking about "reports" or "web service/web interface"?

Regards
Alex
Dennis Kane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is an important question isn't it.

I was talking about access to data using the Web server interface, however the data I want access to is report data. I find the "Report Manager" very confusing. There appear to be two of them, one in the Log Analyzer and one in the AHM GUI. They appear to be independent even though they carry the same name.

I can produce some tablular reports from the AHM GUI, but I have been unable to get the graphical reports I build under the Log Analyzer to be available on the web site. When I manually generate the graphical report in Log Analyzer it goes to a file, but when I browse to the report in the web interface, it generates a page fault trying to bring up the pretty graphical report.

If I just double click the report.htm file on the server it opens fine in my browser.

Can you help with what I may be doing incorrectly?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was talking about access to data using the Web server interface, however the data I want access to is report data. I find the "Report Manager" very confusing. There appear to be two of them, one in the Log Analyzer and one in the AHM GUI. They appear to be independent even though they carry the same name.

HostMonitor's Report Manager allows you to create reports that display CURRENT status of the network.
Log Analyzer's Report Manager allows you to create reports that display HISTORY.

Quote:
I can produce some tablular reports from the AHM GUI, but I have been unable to get the graphical reports I build under the Log Analyzer to be available on the web site. When I manually generate the graphical report in Log Analyzer it goes to a file, but when I browse to the report in the web interface, it generates a page fault trying to bring up the pretty graphical report.

So, you want to use Web Service just like regular web server? Providing access to HTML files, right?
Its possible. Just make sure
1) your have enabled one of the following options
- Allow access to folder <path to folder> for everybody
- Allow access to folder <path to folder> for any authorized user
- Allow access to folder <path to folder> for the following users
2) you are using correct path to the file. Please read this section of the manual (http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/webservice/index.htm#advoptions), it explains what path you should use.
Or read this topic http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1652

Regards
Alex
Dennis Kane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, I appear to have done all in your last post, including the info in the attachment you sent. I realize this means I have just missed something. Is there an email address I can send you a screen shot at?

By the way, the tool looks great. I just placed the order with our purchasing for the Enterprise license with lifetime upgrades. How long should it take to get my registration number from the time it is recieved at KS-Soft.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Alex, I appear to have done all in your last post, including the info in the attachment you sent. I realize this means I have just missed something. Is there an email address I can send you a screen shot at?

Use HostMonitor's menu Help->Support

Quote:
By the way, the tool looks great. I just placed the order with our purchasing for the Enterprise license with lifetime upgrades. How long should it take to get my registration number from the time it is recieved at KS-Soft.

Thanks.
1 business day after payment received. Often in the same day.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: