KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Is there an SNMP server out there ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Is there an SNMP server out there ? Reply with quote

Hi there,
This is not exactly HM stuff, but it is related to it the way I will use it.

Do any of you know a program or utility that runs an SNMP server ?

Let me explain, I need to query some data via SNMP from a Sun machine about the Tape and disk I/O, unfortunately there isnt (I did not find) any OID for these values however issueing iostat at the console it displays the data I want. My idea was to get run a shell perl or vb script from the unix machine or a telnet session extract the data, feed it in some sort of SNMP server and query it with HM.

Only problem I dont know any SNMP server program, if I dont find any perhaps I can write this data into an SNMP OID that can be written on a NT or Unix server but I am not sure what I can overwrite safely and it is a bit "dirty".

Thanks
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you may use standard "snmtptrap" utility instead of SNMP agent. HostMonitor can accept SNMP Trap messages (since version 4.60)

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: