KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Running as a service

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallo folks,
I have installed hostmon and it has been working great. There are a couple of snags in the install that I need to correct.

Install
1st hostmon installed under my admin user account and not the local admin. Now my user account must be logged on to run the current hostmon configuration.

2nd after hostmon was installed another coworker configured it to run as a service w/o running the "hostmon.exe /InstallService"???

3rd Hostmon runs as a service but I need UNC etc...test that will not work with it installed as a service. I know that I need to "assign a special user account"

Should I uninstall and reinstall the current version?? and what will happen to my config file??
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any reason to reinstall HostMonitor. You can install HostMonitor using one account and start the program under another account.
UNC test does not work because service uses local system account by default. Everything what you need is specify user account on Service page in the Options dialog.

If you will uninstall HostMonitor you will lose your settings. If you want install new version, start setup program and press "Update" button. The program will overwrite executable modules, documentation, etc, but will keep all your previous settings.
You can find information about all files that HostMonitor uses there http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#other.htm

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: