connection error #1219

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
roman

connection error #1219

Post by roman »

Hi!

I try to perform a CPU usage test on a remote computer.
I've made an entry in the connection manager for this host.
When the test is performed, there is an entry in the ConnMgr Logfile with connection error #1219

I'm shure, I used the correct Username/Password.
What does #1219 mean?
AHM Version is 4.86
AHM is running on MS Windows XP SP1 in interactive mode
The tested server is a W2K Server SP4
Both servers are in the same domain
I can not find any entries in EvtLog of the tested server
Remote Registry Service is running on the tested server.

I do not have any problems with testing a service on the remote computer, but with performance counters, perhaps for the same reason.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks
Roman
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

1219 means "The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials". Looks like systems already connected using different account.
You may try to use "Reconnect if necessary" option for this connection. But you must be sure it will not make problems for other applications that probably use this connection.

Regards
Alex
roman

Post by roman »

Alex,
thanks for this quick answer.

I can not see any other connections from the pc to the tested server.

Did someone had the same problem? Is there a way to detect such remote connections?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I found various articles (on msdn.microsoft.com) with information about such error. But they relate to Windows NT 4.0..
As I understand CPU Usage test works? It means connection is established.

Regards
Alex
roman

Post by roman »

CPU usage test is NOT working. The response is "UNKNOWN"
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Sorry for delay, I tried to find mistake in our code but everything looks fine. I missed this phrase
I do not have any problems with testing a service on the remote computer, but with performance counters, perhaps for the same reason.
"Service" test works but "CPU Usage" and "Performance Counter" do not. Right? It means that there is connection. "Service" test requires connection with power user permissions. CPU Usage and Performance Counter tests require permissions of the admin account.

Regards
Alex
roman

Post by roman »

Alex,

Perf Mon Counters are working now (DiskPerf) was not enabled on the tested machine!!!).
Still CPU usage is not working.
But - if I map a network drive on the tested server, CPU usage is working. Surprise! Surprise!
Now, I'm completely confused.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Yeah, very strange.. CPU Usage and Performance Counter tests require same permissions. How mapped drive could effect CPU usage requests??? I don't know :roll:

Regards
Alex
roman

Post by roman »

Alex,
I'm sure, it's not related to a permission issue.
It must have to do with sending accountinmg information to the tested server.
Do you know a tool, which detects open connections to a remote server and supplies the accounting information, too?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You may use standard "Computer Management" applet. System Tools -> Shared Folders -> Sessions displays session list. HostMonitor does not logout when test performed, so you will see active session.
Following tests use the same session unless different account is specified (for another test items).

Regards
Alex