KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RCI via web browser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidcham

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: RCI via web browser Reply with quote

HI.

I am evaluating AHM for our company and I must say that I am impressed so far. However, I seem to have hit a bug with the RCI/Web browser interface.

I have tried with the Web Service (Windows 2003 Server) enabled and disabled (but active as an application) and I have tried different ports. The normal HTML screen for the monitor works fine on port 85 (this Windows system has IIS on port 80), but the RCI port 1054 (or any other) does not work. I do not get a login prompt but I do get a blank screen with a few ascii characters in the top left hand corner.

The log shows connections from my IP accepted but no active user.

I really need to get an answer to this as we need to make a decision between AHM and the GFI software. Please can anyone help?

Best regads,

David.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please provide more information:
- HostMonitor version?
- Web Service version?
- web browser?
- could you please send users.lst, webservice.ini and hostmon.ini files to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex
davidcham

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply sent Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

You should have my reply by e-mail by now. Hope it helps
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for screen shots.

50.1.0.5:1054 ????
Port 1054 is used for communication between Web Service and HostMonitor. Data is encrypted, so, of course you do not see any useful information.
Port 80 is used for communication between web browser and Web Service. As I see you are using port 85 and everything works correctly. So, what the problem? Why do you want to communicate with HostMonitor directly, passing over Web Service? It is not possible.
Type 50.1.0.5:85 in the browser prompt.

Regards
Alex
davidcham

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I am totally misunderstanding (judging by the tone of your response, it seems I must be doing something stupid):

I use a browser to view the web pages produced by AHM for monitoring. Here I see the folders with all the hosts I have configured. This is on port 85 (leaving port 80 free for IIS).

I thought I could use port 1054 to access the RCI via a web browser and remotely manage the hosts, test, etc. I thought this would be a web version of the Windows GUI.

Maybe not. Maybe this is not the tool for us.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought I could use port 1054 to access the RCI via a web browser and remotely manage the hosts, test, etc.

No, you cannot use RCI directly. You need Web Service or Telnet Service. E.g. web browser <-> Web Service <-> HostMonitor

Quote:
I thought this would be a web version of the Windows GUI.

Sorry, Web Interface does not provide all functionality that available within GUI. You may check test status, enable/disable test, "refresh" status, reset statistics. But you cannot remove or edit test items, create folders...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: