KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Can't send mail when starting as service

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bilbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I run HM as a service it won't send mail anymore. I have specified a user to login with to the SMTP server and I have also assigned the same user account on the Service page in the Options dialog, but it still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably you have specified wrong account on Service page in the Options dialog. There you should specify account that exists on local machine, not account on remote SMTP server. HostMonitor uses accound specified on Service page to impersonate the security context of the user.
Also you can check log from popup window that sends mail to SMTP server and check the system log (specified on Advanced Logs page in the Options dialog). HostMonitor records information about failed actions.

Regards
Alex
Bilbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I solved my problem and it wasn't that complicated (easy to say when you now know whats wrong). It had nothing to do with the accounts that I used.
The computer I run HM on doesn't have a mail account therefore I wrote the computer name instead in the FROM field (Action profiles --> Mail) and thats the reason to I couldn't send mail.

Regards
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: