KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Drive mapping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdefilippis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Drive mapping Reply with quote

I currently am monitoring Server A to make sure its alive. Server A networks Server B's C drive since it needs data from that drive. We occasionally will loss the drive mapping between Serve A & B.

Is there a test that I can do on Server A to ensure that we still have the mapping to Server B's c-drive?

Thanks,

Pete
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand HostMonitor installed on ServerC?
You need to install RMA (Remote Monitoring Agent) on ServerA and use "Drive Free Space" test method to monitor drive mapping. HostMonitor will set "Unknown" status for the test when drive unavailable. "Threat Unknown status as Bad" option enabled by default, so HostMonitor will start specified alert actions.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: