KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Install on SBS2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantcs

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Install on SBS2000 Reply with quote

I have installed Hostmonitor 4.52 on my Windows SBS2000 server running ISA Server.

I have opened port TCP 1055 for in/out traffic.

I have furthermore published port 1055 from the internal IP 10.0.0.2 to the external IP so that this port can be seen.

I can view local workstations once I have installed RMA on them, but nothing external.

I took a PC and logged it onto the internet using dial-up nertworking with NO FIREWALL!! - for testing.

I could NOT see the RMA running on that - although the same PC connected to the internal network was okay. Is there something that I need to do that I am not doing correctly?

I have tried the same on more than one PC and same results.

Seems as though the RMA is only talking through the SBS internal IP address and will not route through the default gateway??

Thanks
Grant
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seems as though the RMA is only talking through the SBS internal IP address and will not route through the default gateway??

RMA does not route packets through the default gateway. It is responsibility of the OS (Windows).

However RMA listens on each network interface available on the system. So, if your system has several network interfaces, RMA will accept packets from any interface.

Why HostMonitor does not receive responce from RMA?
Probably it does not accept incoming packets... Could you check log1.txt and log2.txt files (located in RMA's directory)? If RMA rejects request, it should log reason into log2.txt file.

Quote:
I have installed Hostmonitor 4.52 on my Windows SBS2000 server running ISA Server.
I have opened port TCP 1055 for in/out traffic.
I have furthermore published port 1055 from the internal IP 10.0.0.2 to the external IP so that this port can be seen.
I can view local workstations once I have installed RMA on them, but nothing external.

Do you mean RMA performs tests against local system (system where RMA is installed) but does not perform the tests against another systems in the same network?

Most likely you are using account that does not have necessary rights. E.g. "local system" account.

What test method(s) do you use? What is result of the test? Status? Reply?
RMA is running as service or as application?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: