KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Shell scripting editor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
plambrecht

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Shell scripting editor Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm currently developping some test that are not standard in HM (check file version, size, lastmodifieddate, check regkey value and change, ...)
as these tests have to run on multiple machines, some with RMA, I want to include the code in the HML or Shell script.

Including it in the HML is apparently not the correct way, as I have to add the code to each tests, so if I update the code, I have to change each tests. I can't use an external file, because most of the remote servers have no access to my file systems.

Only option left is the Shell scripting.
Works fine for execution, I have to create my script only once, works with RMA....

BUT I'd like to use an easier editor then the one provided with HM.
Can you add a butten 'use external editor' so that my life gets a little easier ?
How I would implement :
Keep the current screenlayout, but add an 'Open with External Editor' button.
Once pressed, save the current code to a temp file
Start the external editor with that file
Whenever 'OK' or the 'Test' button is pressed, retrieve the code from the temp file and save/test the test.
The temp file should only be deleted when the OK button is pressed.

Think this is an option ?

Pieter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: