KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Agent Setup Error!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Agent Setup Error!!! Reply with quote

While attempting to install the AHM Agent 4.42 on a Windows 2000 Server, Svc Pak 4, I encounter the following error.

Setup: Access violation at address 0047F29F in module 'setup.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFF
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Error was displayed by installation program????
Its strange... I didn't hear about such errors in setup for last 3 years. And of course I just tried to setup HostMonitor on several systems. Everything works fine.
Probably something wrong with your system? Could you try to restart system or install HostMonitor on another machine?

Regards
Alex
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Address FFFFFFFF??? Reply with quote

Q. Can you tell me where memory FFFFFFFF is located?

Q. RAM or Harddrive?

I had the program installed successfully on the same machine, then unistalled it by accident. Restarted then tried to install and get this error while attempting to install. The install almost completes, then the error appears. All I can do is 'X' out...
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFFFFFFF is not not mapped to real memory. This address space is used by OS to trap errors in the code.
More interesting what is located at 0047F29F - code of the installation program. But I do not see anything wrong there...
Can you reproduce this error? Or it happened once and does not come again?

Regards
Alex
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Error Reproduced On Demand Reply with quote

Everytime I attempt to install....
Marcus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps a corrupted installation package?? Have you tried to install a new downloaded version? Have you tried the 'original' package on another machine?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: