KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

remote registry service for NT 4.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xavier

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: remote registry service for NT 4.0 Reply with quote

Hello,

We (still) have few servers running NT4 and i have some problems monitoring the CPU (status=unknow).
I saw in the manual that we need to have the remote registry service installed from the resource kit but i canīt find it.
I search on this forum ( i saw a similar post btw) and on microsoftīs website and i couldnīt find anything like how to install it, what is the exact name of this service in NT 4.O, or the name of the .exe file.

So if somebody did install it or have it installed and can give me any information regarding this service, it will be very nice.

Thanks in advance,

Xavier.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name of exe file - Regsvc.exe
As I remember Resource Kit is not free software. Microsoft sells this package, that's why you cannot find link to the kit.
But I think your CD with Windows NT may contain Resource Kit.

Regards
Alex
ericm

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Resource Kit Reply with quote

http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/ntkit/default.asp
ericm

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Error Reply with quote

I apoligize that link is for workstation
you need a tech-net subscription for the server version. It is on the Blue cds if you have a subscription already. It's the Sept 1999 Cd.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: