KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Linksys Router Config Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggallent

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Linksys Router Config Page Reply with quote

Hey there!

I'm interested in seeing if my Linksys router's config page is available via http://url:8080 and it requires a password, but no username via a pop-up dialog.

I've tried the URL and HTTP methods, but both don't work. Is there any way to check this?

Thanks!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean browser displays popup dialog where you type empty user name and non-empty password?
Could you please provide test settings? You may use menu "File"->"Export to text file"->"Export selected test"

Regards
Alex
ggallent

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Linksys Router Config Page Reply with quote

Yes, when you go to the router config page, a separate window pops up for username (not used) and password. Check out figure 5-4 on page 14 at:

ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/befvp41ug.pdf

I found that doing TCP Test at 192.168.1.1:8080 works, but I can't test for any text on the web page.

Ideally, I'd like to test to see if the VPN connection is "Disconnected" - check out figure 6-20 on page 33. If "Disconnected" is found, it also would be great to be able to click the "Connect" button. Thanks again for all your help!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't know what test settings do you have.

Quote:
Ideally, I'd like to test to see if the VPN connection is "Disconnected" - check out figure 6-20 on page 33. If "Disconnected" is found, it also would be great to be able to click the "Connect" button. Thanks again for all your help!

Probably your router supports SNMP test? It will be better use SNMP test method to check router parameters and use SNMP Set action to configure router.

Regards
Alex
ggallent

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think of SNMP - that will solve it. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: