KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA external program test problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjparr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: RMA external program test problem Reply with quote

We are currently testing for a process using HostMonitor 4.42 connected to an RMA agent on our remote server (win 2k adv server). When the process test goes bad, another dependent test runs and executes an external program (batch file on server) to stop and start the service.

This has been working great for months now, but i just upgraded to 4.42 and it is no longer working. It is now trying to find the batch file on the local HostMonitor machine and not the remote RMA server. If i try to browse to find the file after i have selected to use the RMA agent all i see is the local files of the HostMonitor PC.

Have you heard of any other problems with this? In summary, the problem is that we cannot execute the batch file on the remote RMA server as it looks for the file only on the local machine.

Thank you for any help you can give us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not a bug. HostMonitor (old and new version) does not allow you to browse files on remote system. You should type path to the file manually.

Regards
Alex
mjparr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I thought that I was able to browse using the RMA before....guess not. Anyway, when we updated, nothing was changed but the external batch file test no longer worked, even with typing in the path manually. Any thoughts?

Thanks again...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mjparr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question...

Would I need to update the RMA on the server side as well for this to work properly. The RMA is one to two releases older depending on which servers we are connecting to. Thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I thought that I was able to browse using the RMA before....guess not. Anyway, when we updated, nothing was changed but the external batch file test no longer worked, even with typing in the path manually.

Could you export test settings into text file and send to support@ks-soft.net or publish it here? Use menu File->Export to text file

Quote:
Would I need to update the RMA on the server side as well for this to work properly. The RMA is one to two releases older depending on which servers we are connecting to. Thanks.

I don't think its necessary, HostMonitor can work with older versions of RMA.

Regards
Alex
mjparr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

Thanks. I will have someone email you the file in a few minutes. Talk to you soon.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did not receive your mail yet
mjparr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i resent the message. let me know if you did not recieve it. thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the file. Settings look correctly. When I imported test into HostMonitor and created BAT file, test executed.

Lets check from another side. What means "external batch file test no longer worked"? You see some error message? "Unknown" status of the test? Something else?

Regards
Alex
mjparr

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error that we receive in host monitor is "RMA: 301 - The directory name is invalid." However, the file is still located in the root C: drive on the server and it is exactly where it was located before the update to this version. The process tests and CPU tests that we are running via the RMA are all working exactly as they had before, it is just the external test that is malfunctioning. Thanks for your continued help.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about permissions? "Everyone" has access to the root (drive C)?

Regards
Alex
mjparr

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Clarification Reply with quote

Alex,

The ting that is problematic is that the only thing that has changed in this environment is the fact that we reinstalled host monitor onto the same exact machine. No permissions were changed. We did not change machines, or OS or anything, we installed HostMonitor to the same machine. We did, change the installation drive from c: to d:. Previously, all of the RMA tests were working perfectly, now we can get neither the old preexisting tests nor new tests to function properly.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try to start RMA as application?
mjparr

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 7:05 am    Post subject: RMA as application no difference Reply with quote

Sorry, that did not help
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to reproduce error!!!
But ... may be I am going crazy?

Ok, first I checked code and then I checked it again and again...
But after a while I tried to specify path to the BAT file using some cyrillic letters instead of latin letters. And after that test returns the same error you have!

I changed all letters back to latin but test still return error. I removed BAT file and created new one - test returns error. I stopped RMA service and started it again - test retuns error.
Finally I rebooted system... test still return error!!
However RMA started as application works fine and starts specified BAT file.

Solution? I don't know what we have to do now. Reinstall Windows? Format hard drive?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: