KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

LogAnalyzer - Report Manager - White List

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pmc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: LogAnalyzer - Report Manager - White List Reply with quote

I would like see a future addition in LogAnalyzer/Report Manager.

Today, you can specify, for a given report, a black list - which says which tests not to include in the report.

But what's missing is a white list - which would say which tests that should be included in the report.

Theoretically this can be done just using the black list, but it's darn inconvenient. For instance, if I have 100 tests, and I want a report that just shows 6 of them, I have to blacklist the other 94. And as soon as I add another test, my black list is out of date.

Another workaround would be to specify different log files on all different tests, and then run the command logsman.exe to specifically load different log files to generate different reports. But that's a pain, not to mention a lot more work to configure every different test to use a variety of different log files - I would like to just use one common log file.

--

P.S. - Alex --> Hostmon is a great product for the price, nice job! My suggestions are just ideas to make it even better in the future.
pmc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or better yet, tell LogAnalyzer to have black lists or white lists for folders of tests, not just tests.

Even easier to use (harder to program of course .... )
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But what's missing is a white list - which would say which tests that should be included in the report.

Yes, we have this task in "to do" list.

Quote:
Or better yet, tell LogAnalyzer to have black lists or white lists for folders of tests, not just tests.

Its a problem because logs do not contain any information about folder tree.

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. I think "White list" will be implemented in next version
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: