KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Monitor Actual Server Uptime

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dgshue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Monitor Actual Server Uptime Reply with quote

I know that HostMonitor has RMA that runs on each server, and how to disable the checks from being bad, just because the server can't connect to the agent. But, I want to check the actual uptime of the server, not just what HostMonitor can see. Here's my problem:

Every month, I have to turn in a report with percent uptime on BOTH my network availability AND the actual SERVER availability. I love the way that HostMonitor generates some of that data for me. But, just because the network is down, doesn't mean that a server on that network is down also. So what I want, is for the agent to know that the server never went down, and when the network is back up, tell HostMonitor that, and vise versa. So, in other words, I want HostMonitor to know when the server is down, and not the network. Any help, or a wish list thing?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So what I want, is for the agent to know that the server never went down, and when the network is back up, tell HostMonitor that, and vise versa.

I am afraid its impossible.
However you may setup some test (that will check network) as Master test for all server tests. In this case HostMonitor will not perform "server" tests (and will not increase down time counters) when network is down.

Regards
Alex
Marcus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should use uptime.exe from microsoft. Set the correct configuration (size of logs and heartbeat) and all your information will be available.

Uptime.exe only uses the local eventviewer of a server. So network problems wil not interfere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: