KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Exporting AHM username / password list for use in other apps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLynch

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Exporting AHM username / password list for use in other apps Reply with quote

Hi,

I am experimenting with using a web based 3rd party application in conjunction with AHM. This is a public domain log book tool - "ELOG" (http://midas.psi.ch/elog/index.html) - which I would like to use for IT staff to record system changes and problem resolutions for services monitored by AHM.

I have set up a basic system which uses a URL link from each specific folder in AHM to a 'log book' in ELOG.

Is there a way to export the usernames and passwords from AHM to a simple text file which in this instance is used by this application for authentication?

Many Thanks
Fergus
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Export function allows you to export test settings into text file. If you remove all strings except lines with "user", "username" and "password" you will have list that you need. If you want, we can create utility that will remove unnecessary lines.
But truth to say I do not understand what this program can do with the list of passwords without links to resources that requires these passwords?

Regards
Alex
FLynch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject: Refinement! Reply with quote

Hi,

Sorry I did not explain myself very well (I must stop posting so late at night! )....

The usernames and passwords I am refering to are those for operator access to AHMs web interface rather than unames/passwords embeded in particular monitors.

The ELOG application takes a text file with username and passwords and complies this into an encrypted access list for its own web interface.

I aiming to synchronise AHM and ELOG user details to make the combined system easier to use for staff.

Thanks
Fergus
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see.
I have added this task with "low" priority, but... Probably it will not be implemented because we are thinking about another option - store all settings in single database (ODBC). In this case you will be able to export/import action profiles, user profiles, tests, etc...

Regards
Alex
FLynch

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Sounds good Reply with quote

Hi,

I agree that it is a low priority, especially if you a have a development planned that provides a superset of this functionality...

Many Thanks
Fergus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: