KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Problem retrieving dynamic data from HTML

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanning

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Problem retrieving dynamic data from HTML Reply with quote

Hi, I'm having problems retrieving some dynamic data from a webpage ( see http://64.113.192.124/temp ). The webpage displays temperatures or closed/open state from 4 sensors !.
How can I set up a test that alarms when the dynamic value changes to a critical level ?, i.e. above 75 degrees.
Note that data -99.9 or +255.5 indicates a closed/open switch instead of a temp. probe on the specific port
Can I write something myself using the plug-in...any documentation ?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth to say I do not see how this post relates to "Problems and Bugs" forum. Please send post here if software doesn't work correctly.

Now return to your needs. HostMonitor can retrieve data from dynamic web pages without any problems. Problem is you need to process data and compare specific numbers.
Possible solutions:
- create custom script and execute it using "Shell Script" or "Active Script" test method
- wait for next version of HostMonitor that have specialized test to check data provided by IT Temperature Monitor.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: