KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

VPN ability

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like the ability to VPN into a client network, run several checks and then disconnect. Is this possible?
I see that I can DIAL A NETOWRK as an action, stop/start a service and disconnect, but I cannot see a way to do what I would like. Obviously the funtionality is there but I think the interface may be to be altered a little.

I would like the ability to order this so the VPN connections do not conflict with one another. So If I had 10 clients and I could check their networks remotely and sequentially. VPN to Client 1 - 10 checks - disconect then VPN to Client 2 - 10 Check s and disconnect, etc...

Possible?

Thanks in advance - GREAT Product!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, pretty complicated behavior. Probably it will need implementation of some script language or significant improvement of existing script language. I don't think it will be implemented soon, may be in version 4.0

Regards
Alex
rob_nich

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using 3 simultaneous VPN connections to 3 separate client's Win2k Servers. I've had to work a bit to keep the IP addresses from conflicting, but so far so good.
From time to time 1 client's VPN connection stops working. It doesn't disconnect, just stops communication across it. When a specific test fails 3 times, Hostmon disconnects that VPN connection and attempts to reconnect the same VPN. The authentication fails, so I have to do manually, but since other test for that site are dependent on a main one, I don't get a bunch of failed tests - just "waiting..." results which is good.
For some reason Hostmon just can't re-establish the VPN connection, but I'll have to play with it some more.
The other 2 VPN connections just continue to work. Their quite slow, but they do work.
Alex, why does Hostmon have a place to enter a username and password for a dial-up connection? If I don't enter one, will it use the one already contained in the setup for that VPN?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>Alex, why does Hostmon have a place to enter a username and password for a dial-up connection?
>If I don't enter one, will it use the one already contained in the setup for that VPN?

Yes, it will (http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/actions.htm#actDialup)

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: