KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

is HM multi threaded ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jax

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: is HM multi threaded ? Reply with quote

I am trying to run many tests launched by scripts and some of the scripts can take fair a bit of time to complete, I have noticed that HM will not launch another script until the previous has finished.

So my questions are:
- Can HM run multiple tests simultanously? (multithread)
- Can HM run multiple Script tests simultanously?

If no to any of the above will it be implemented ?

Thanks
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So my questions are:
- Can HM run multiple tests simultanously? (multithread)

Yes, of course. HostMonitor starts every test in separate thread. Option "Don't start more than [N] tests per second" sets limit for number of threads. Option located on Behavior page in the Options dialog.

Quote:
Can HM run multiple Script tests simultanously?

HostMonitor can. Windows cannot. Actually Windows can execute several scripts in different threads of the same process. But it does not work stable.
That's why HostMonitor never starts several scripts in the same time.

Regards
Alex
Jax

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a bit of a problem not being able to run more than one script concurently, I assume that it can run more than one "External Program" at a time.

Is it possible to transfer values other and error codes back to HM from tests running "External Programs" ?

Thanks
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be possible in next version of HostMonitor. It will support new test method "Shell Script" and it will be able to start several scripts simultaneously (as separate processes).

Regards
Alex
steven.cjhsiao

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
It will be possible in next version of HostMonitor. It will support new test method "Shell Script" and it will be able to start several scripts simultaneously (as separate processes).

Regards
Alex

Hello

I am using HM 6.82. I have an active script tester written by python. I met the same problem, the active script seem can't be executed simultaneously. If I use the shell script, does HM 6.82 support running multiple shell script simltaneously? or what any setting can make the active script support multithread in HM?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HostMonitor starts each Shell Script test as separate process (simultaneously when nesessary). So, there should not be any problem.
Another solution: you may put Active Scripts into some folder and use "Non-simultaneously test execution" folder level option (option located on Specials page in the Folder Properties dialog)

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: