KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

OK PLEASE HELP ME BE SMARTER

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kingtone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: OK PLEASE HELP ME BE SMARTER Reply with quote

Hi anyone ,
I'd like to know why nb scanner always turns up any IP addresses in ranges from a foreign country as "the network path was not found" I do have a firewall up is that it? what am I doing wrong? It wont show me any shares on foreign PCs ? Also is there a way or tool for determining what ip ranges are in what are code and whether or not they are home computers or business related ? And feel free to explain it as though you wer tryin to tell your grandpa how to use the remote control for the tv ...sorry im that slow
Yours Kingtone
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd like to know why nb scanner always turns up any IP addresses in ranges from a foreign country as "the network path was not found" I do have a firewall up is that it?

Years of virus/trojan attacks make people smarter. Now nobody shares resources over Internet.
NB Scanner utility almost unuseful for exploration of the Internet. Its useful as tool for network administrator when he needs to check what is going on in his LAN.

Quote:
whether or not they are home computers or business related ?

H'm, interesting question. The same system can be home computer (when kids playing games) and business related (when father checks corporate mail).
But there are some hints:
- if port scanner found open ports like 80 (HTTP), 25 (SMTP), 53 (DNS), 110 (POP3) etc, you may say its business related computer.
- if name of the system something like www.microsoft.com, its business related computer.
- if name of the system looks like rd1no-ge1-3.cg.point.aol.com, its probably home computer.

Quote:
And feel free to explain it as though you wer tryin to tell your grandpa how to use the remote control for the tv

? remote control for what?

Regards
Alex
kingtone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Thanks Alex but... Reply with quote

Thanks alex,
for even responding, and the answer to the second question was helpful As for the first question I'm not so sure thats true ... After being hcked recently , and having to reformat my hard drive I grew rather angry and decided to respond to my anger by learning about hcking so i may take quick action to the people who like leaving notes in my computer... What I have learned about Netbios attcks over the last few days is quite interestiing and im sure ,extremely limited ... However I have learned to view peoples shared files and as a sort of compliment to the designer I have to say Ip -Tools has been the one program that allowed me to do that .. It seems my biggest problem is finding ip ranges to search for, but ip tools definitely showed me who's pc was running at what ip and what drive was shared...amazing what people dont know they are hangin on the laundry line... however I selected a range of ip based on my local isp's ip address...this is dandy as it taught me alll about my neighbors' - habits...but unfortunately I dont care abut my neighbors' - habits...the people that bug me and my pc are in a foreign country and usually to stupid to cover their tracks ...SO...when i use nb scanner to scan foreign ip ranges it all shows up with the typical error 53 "the network path was not found" it sees the computers but some how does not detect the shared disks or even the printer... what dont i understand ???
Thanks again in advance
Kingtone
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think administrators of that networks have some common sense. Even if hosts inside LAN share resources, these resources should not be visible from Internet.
If IP-Tools can display resources around your ISP, it means IP-Tools and your system works properly. If it does not display resources for some remote network, it means that resources are not available from the Internet.

Regards
Alex
kingtone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: ok alex thanks Reply with quote

well alex,
thank you for your time and effort ... im sure it is possible to crck boxes overseas ...however i realize that ip tools is not designed to support that... if it's you who wrote the program congrats its a great multi purpose tool...
thanks again
Kingtone
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, this program is not for hacking.
Thank you

Regards
Alex
kingtone

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: whoa... Reply with quote

ok nice of you to be so cold , but if youre tryin to tell me you never used it to do so ... I dont believe you
Regards kingtone
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, IP-Tools is not for hacking. Of course it can provide a lot information that you need to prepare attack but to make an attack you need something else. Actually IP-Tools is just network explorer, nothing more.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> IP-Tools All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: