KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

COM port error

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KuoH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across the following while testing the TAP action item "Error: Error allocating memory for COM port or port in use" I have it set to send 2 TAP messages to different pagers on each failure or recovery and it has worked every time except when I got that error. In previous tests, HM would sometimes report that it was unable to close the COM port after sending the page, but it still worked fine afterwards. The only difference with this "memory" error was that I could not cancel or close the status window nor could I shut down HM. I had to reboot to restore operation. HM is dialing using an external modem on COM1 at 2400 baud.

KuoH
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of HostMonitor do you use? I think this problem was fixed some time ago. If you use old version, please try HostMonitor 3.16. If you use HostMonitor 3.16, please send log (when HostMonitor shows message about unable to close the COM port) to our address line1@ks-soft.net

Regards
Alex
KuoH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using 3.14 beta and it happened again. I will send you the log and try 3.16. Thanks.

KuoH
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: