"Host" information recoreded in logs

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
FLynch

Post by FLynch »

Hi,

If I examine logs exported from HM then for certain tests I cannot see the host the test is refering to.

For example I will see in test method "Perf Counter test (Logon/sec)" but for host only "Logon/sec".

This seems to repeat itself for all performance counter tests.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a setting I need to check?

Many Thanks
Fergus
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I am not quite sure I understand you. What kind of log do you use? HTML? DBF? Text? ODBC?
Do you mean you see "Logon/sec" in the "Test" field? What's the real name of this test?

Regards
Alex
FLynch

Post by FLynch »

Hi,

The log files are in DBF format.

In the "testmethod" field I see "Perf Counter test (Logon/sec)" whilst in the "host" field I see "Logon/sec". The test name in this instance happens to be "Logon/sec".

The problem I have is that I cannot associate the test wih the host from the log files. They all appear OK using the built-in statistics tool in HM.

Thanks
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

I assume you mean the %HostAddr% macro variable.

The documentation states:
%HostAddr% Represents the host name (or IP address) of the target system for the following tests: Ping, TCP, Oracle, Interbase, MS SQL, MySQL, Sybase, Postgre, Process, Service, NT Log, CPU Usage, SNMP, SMTP, POP, IMAP, DNS, LDAP, UNC

If not, I'm out of answers......
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Still don't get the problem. HostMonitor displays name of the test in the "host" field. So, if you want to see another information in this field just change name of the test.

Regards
Alex
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

It is no problem, just easier if every test uses the %HostAddr% macro.

You can name different tests the same and stil see the difference in the logging, without using any other macro. Or just use the macro as the host name in a database field. I currently use commentline macro's for this purpose.