KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA Username Problem (Version 5.38)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: RMA Username Problem (Version 5.38) Reply with quote

When using a username in the format of "domainname\username" part of the string is not stored and therefore authentification fails. Based on my testing it appears that the problem occurs if the username field is more than 15 characters.

The format is required because we are running in a multi-domain environment and the security is fairly tight between domains.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMA username? Sorry, I do not understand what are you talking about. To connect to the agent you should provide password only, no user name.
Probably you are using username for some test method? Which one?

BTW: I don't think its a good idea to use e-maill address as your username (I am talking about your account on this forum). Robots may catch your address and you will receive more spam than before.

Regards
Alex
davidc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the confusion. I am talking about setting up a test. For example when you perform a check on disk space based on UNC Free Space, you enter a user name and password and it is in this dialog that the short user name problem exists.

I agree with you other comment, but when I went to edit the profile I was not able to change the user name and I was not able to create a new user because the email address was already in use. Any suggestions?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry about the confusion. I am talking about setting up a test. For example when you perform a check on disk space based on UNC Free Space, you enter a user name and password and it is in this dialog that the short user name problem exists.

1) There are no restriction on username. You may specify string over 100 character. Or may be you are using some old version of HostMonitor?
But you said you have version 5.38...

2) We keep "Connect as" option for compatibility and some other reasons. But in many cases its better to use "Connection Manager" instead: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#conmgr

Regards
Alex
administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree with you other comment, but when I went to edit the profile I was not able to change the user name and I was not able to create a new user because the email address was already in use. Any suggestions?

I have changed your name to "davidc". If you do not like it, please let me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: