KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

cpu monitoring

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

after recntly installing HM3.26 i have found on my cpu monitoring whenever i look at it, it is always checking; and i never see a reply. Could you tell me why this may be the case??

James
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One customer has similar problem with "Process" test. In both cases HostMonitor tries to retrieve performance counter information. We are investigating this problem, creating programs for testing, and send its to customer but don't know yet what the reason for the problem. Unfortunatelly we cannot reproduce this problem, that's why we need a lot of time...
BTW: you said "after recntly installing HM3.26 i have found". Does it mean you had another version of HostMonitor and that old version worked correctly?

Regards
Alex
Tommy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am having the same issue.

Alex, in one case it is a fresh install of 3.26

This is also happening to me on 3.22 - can't remember if it was an upgrade or not.

thanks,

tommy
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In HostMonitor 3.28 (not available yet) implemented Performance Counter test. You will be able to use that test to check CPU Usage.
On the other hand: regardless of the fact that HostMonitor uses complette different code for the CPU test and for the Performance Counter test, in both cases Windows will use the same code to access to performance counter information. In my opinion realization of performance counters is so buggy (or probably there are no bugs, may be its peculiarity of implementation?). Anyway I hope after some workaround new test will work stable, may be even on systems where CPU test doesn't work.

Regards
Alex
Peter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i have the same problem since Version 3.22.
No reply of CPU-Usage and process-check for a long time.

regards
Peter
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: