KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Icon color

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markusr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Icon color Reply with quote

Not a severe item but it is a bit annoying:

I run HM on my XP workstation. Once I have been logged in using remote desktop, the HM icon has different colors than before. The blue color is subsituted by a dark read, red cheanges to a bright blue. As soon as I reboot, the icons change back to their original color. Tell me if I should send you screenshots.

Markus
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Icon that is displayed in system tray? Strange... HostMonitor uses 16 colors icon, it should be displayed in the same color on any system (except B/W of course).
What about other icons (other applications)? looks fine?

Regards
Alex
markusr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

other icons look fine. It's just the icon of Hostmonitor.
I'll send a screen shot by email.

Markus
M.Bost.EBV

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think we had the same little problem: using HM on a XP-Pro Machine with terminal-mode enabled and HM running as service after a fresh boot of the machine or after stop and start of the service when using the physical console the color of the tray-icon is dark blue (assuming all test are ok). When you make a RDP-Connection to the machine in this state the tray-icon in the RDP-Session is not dark blue anymore but dark red although nothing has happend to the state of any test. You get the same behavior when doing it the other way: restart HM in RDP-Session => tray-icon is blue, then going to the console => tray-icon is red.
The solution to this is: you have to adjust the colordeepth of the --card at the physical maschine (at the console) to the same value that you are using when connecting with the RDP-Session, e.g. both 16 bit. For the RDP-Sessin you can do this in options / display / color.
If at the machine the colordeepth is set to 32 bit and for the RDP-Session is set to 16 bit you get the strange behavior as in the above example.
I did it and it works.

Best Regards
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H'm.. that's why we could not reproduce problem on our systems.
Thank you for explanation

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: