KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Enterprise Unlimited RMA AGREEMENT???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Enterprise Unlimited RMA AGREEMENT??? Reply with quote

What's the deal anyway. I paid $700.00 two years ago for the Enterprise with UNLIMITED upgrades including UNLIMITED RMA's. That's why I paid-ahead for the Enterprise version. Who wants to buy more RMA's? You have made this product very inconvienent now. I expect nothing to change with our DEAL. It seems your company is now placing RESTRICTIONS in order to gererate more money. This is BAD business...........
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are wrong. We did not change deal and we did not change licensing conditions.
Quote from our web site (www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/regmon.htm)
Quote:

Enterprise license is also available with "Lifetime updates" option at $699. A holder of such license is eligible for ALL future updates AT NO COST. Any update for every component of this software, including additional tools and/or utilities that may be added to the Advanced Host Monitor package in the future will be available for you at NO COST. For example, a holder of an Enterprise License with Lifetime Upgrades option for HostMonitor 3 is eligible for free upgrade of the software to HostMonitor 4, which has additional new components: RMA Manager, Remote Monitoring Agents, Telnet Service and Web Service that were not present in version 3. When the versions 5, 6, 7: will be released, again you can upgrade your software for free. Just in case you will need another license (e.g. for installing HostMonitor on second system) you will need to pay for it.

You said you have "LifeTime" license. I agree.
However I do not understand where did you see phrase about "UNLIMITED RMA's"? Enterprise license includes 10 RMA licenses. It means you have 1 license for HostMonitor, 1 license for Log Analyzer, 10 RMA licenses, 1 license for RMA Manager and so on. If we release some new tool, you will be able to use this tool at no cost. But we did not say you will be able to install HostMonitor, RMA or any other application on 1000 or 10,000 different systems.

Another quote from our web site (www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/license.htm)
Quote:

The single license allows you to install the software on ONE system. If you want to run (install) application on a number of systems then you have to buy the same number of licenses. The same rule is applicable to any of the auxiliary tools of Advanced Host Monitor package. Example: if you want to install HostMonitor on 1 system and start HM Web Service on 2 different systems, you need 1 license for HostMonitor and 2 licenses for Web Service.

I think this text is clear.

Quote:
It seems your company is now placing RESTRICTIONS in order to gererate more money. This is BAD business...........

1 license - 1 installation. We are not placing this restriction now, we always have such restriction.

Regards
Alex
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: No Problems Until version 5.30! Reply with quote

I never had a problem until upgrading to ver. 5.30!

I purchased Enterprise ver. 4.42 then later upgraded to ver. 4.52 and never had any 'license limit' showing in the 'Reply' column, now I do. Ever since the upgrade to ver. 5.30 I having problems with my monitoring more that 10.

That's the point I'm making. Yes, it was originaly unlimited use of Windows RMA's. I remember reading this on your web site. Otherwise I would have purchased the cheaper version. The Enterprise version was the best value for the money.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's the point I'm making. Yes, it was originaly unlimited use of Windows RMA's. I remember reading this on your web site.

I found archives of the web site (April 2004 - you have bough your license in April 2004). You may see these files at www.ks-soft.net/april2004/index.htm

Could you please find phrase about "unlimited use of Windows RMA's"?
If you find it, you will receive my apology and "unlimited RMA" license.
If not, you own me apology.

Quote:
I purchased Enterprise ver. 4.42 then later upgraded to ver. 4.52 and never had any 'license limit' showing in the 'Reply' column, now I do.

I see 3 possible reasons:
- you have not used more than 10 RMA before but you have configured more agents now;
- in 2004 we have sent wrong registration code that allows you to work with more than 10 RMA
- in 2004 you have made another order for additional agents using different registration name and e-mail address. We could not find that order (because we don't know which order is yours) and provide new registration code for 10 RMA only.

Quote:
Otherwise I would have purchased the cheaper version. The Enterprise version was the best value for the money.

I don't see any problems. We can cancel your order at any time and return money to your account. Just let me know.

Regards
Alex
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Purchase Date April 21 2004 Reply with quote

I have all the original sales comfirmation email from ks-soft and element5, however I cannot post that information for obvious reasons.

I can tell you this much:

From: element 5 Customer Service [notification-eng@element5.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 21, 2004 3:28 PM
To: my@email.com
Subject: Delivery information for Advanced Host Monitor: Enterprise +
Lifetime updates (element 5 Order no. 5623903)

Also, the web page I read this on is similar to your current one at:
http://www.ks-soft.com/hostmon.eng/regmon.htm

Now in the column 'Enterprise' and row 'Remote Monitoring Agents' it read 'Unlimited.'

Possible Reasons:

1. I did not change anything in my setup, only upgraded from ver. 4.52 to 5.30, but now it shows 'license limit.'

2. I know what I read on your web site. that's why I purchased it.

3. I have not spent another dime on this program.

I can email you more info if you need it.......

Last edited by kvnsdr on Wed May 25, 2005 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have all the original sales comfirmation email from ks-soft and element5, however I cannot post that information for obvious reasons.
I can tell you this much:

Yes, I have seen this order. This is "Advanced Host Monitor: Enterprise +
Lifetime updates" license. $699 USD. No additional agents.

Quote:
Also, the web page I read this on is similar to your current one at:
http://www.ks-soft.com/hostmon.eng/regmon.htm

Yes, its similar because we have not changed rules.

Quote:
Now in the column 'Enterprise' and row 'Remote Monitoring Agents' it read 'Unlimited.'

Where do you see "Unlimited"? May be I am blind but I see "Remote Monitoring Agents .... 10 Included"

Quote:
1. I did not change anything in my setup, only upgraded from ver. 4.52 to 5.30, but now it shows 'license limit.'

How many agents you have in use? May be you have 10 (or less) agents but something wrong with your current code...

Quote:
2. I know what I read on your web site. that's why I purchased it.

You are saying I am lier?
Please ask other customers about license. I will not speak with you.

Anybody, have we ever promised that unlimited number of the Remote Monitoring Agents will be included in "Enterprise + LifeTime updates" license?
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: I must be mistaken! Reply with quote

Well, I reviewed everything and your right. I apologize and sorry. Now the question is:

Q. Why has my (4.42 & 4.52) been working in unlimited mode?

I can send you my original Registration numbers if you would like to diagnose this situation. You might run into others having the same or like situation.
Marcus

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy to see you are friends again
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, I reviewed everything and your right. I apologize and sorry.

Accepted

Quote:
Q. Why has my (4.42 & 4.52) been working in unlimited mode?
I can send you my original Registration numbers

Yes, please send it to support@ks-soft.net. May be there is some mistake in the code...
How many agents do you use?

Regards
Alex
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using 15 over a year now without any problems. I just sent the original registration codes and 4.42 exe for your R&D benefit. I have since purchased 10 additional RMA's to get things going in the right direction. Sorry for any problems, I'm an old man and my understanding is sometimes slow............
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just sent the original registration codes

We have not received your mail. Could you please resend?
Do not send exe module, we have archive.

Quote:
Sorry for any problems, I'm an old man and my understanding is sometimes slow

I don't remember everything either
But we keep archives on server

Regards
Alex
kvnsdr

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re-sent the codes.........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: