KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Windows 2003 - Service Pack 1 - Many test are Unknown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cybernanny

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Windows 2003 - Service Pack 1 - Many test are Unknown Reply with quote

We installing the Service Pack 1, after the installation many of my
test are unknown.

Someone here who has the same error?

greetz
cybernanny
JJnordic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: NO solution but same problem Reply with quote

I'm currently having the same problem...Hostmonitor 4.86 on a Windows 2003 Standard Server. I put on SP 1 and suddenly a lot of the test are either timed out or unable to connect to host. Nothing else has changed. Removing SP 1 gets things back to normal.

Performance counters seems to be the problem.....UNC,CPU and pings are not affected.

Help !!!!!!!!!

Best Regards

JJ
samercer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Remove SP1 Reply with quote

I experienced the same issue. Removing SP1 seems to have resolved the problem. I'm going to upgrade to 5.12 and see if that has an effect.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am afraid it will not help. Problem is somewhere in Service Pack.. I think some permissions issue but I am not sure. Trying to find information...

Regards
Alex
y.beyet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem with the firewall maybe ?
no problem for me with SP1 and 5.12, but you need to open theses ports : udp 137 and 138, tcp 135, 139 and 445 on monitoring and destination server.

And put logging on this new feature !
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its a good idea to open these ports on firewall. There are often some security holes detected in such services.
Better install RMA in the remote network.

As I understand Ybernanny and JJnordic and Samercer monitor LAN (no firewall), right?

Regards
Alex
y.beyet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
I don't think its a good idea to open these ports on firewall. There are often some security holes detected in such services.

it 's easy to allow access only to the hostmonitor server ip !
JJnordic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Firewall issue..... Reply with quote

I'm running the tests on local LAN and through VPN connections....so no firewalls.

The behavior resembles what happens when the VPN's are under heavy loads........time out errors.

Best Regards

JJNordic
samercer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Better install RMA in the remote network.

As I understand Ybernanny and JJnordic and Samercer monitor LAN (no firewall), right?

Regards
Alex

Actually, I am monitoring network objects behind and through multiple firewalls. My organization has no dedicated WAN links, only site-to-site VPNs over the internet. I have had great success monitoring remote objects. We are even monitoring the state of a VPN tunnel from the US to India. The trick is that we have special VPN rules in the firewalls that make the remote LAN segments appear as though they are on the same network as the HostMonitor server is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: