KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

SNMP Trap port

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fletch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: SNMP Trap port Reply with quote

I have set up SNMP trap forwarding from Dell IT Assistant (ITA). In setting this up I do not know what port to forward them in on. I can only forward them only on one port and SNMP is 2 ports 161 and 162. What port should I use as in Host Mon, it does not ask what port it is sending on. I have set up an SNMP Trap in Host MOn as well.

The next question is about OID's. I do not know if it sends OID's or not. And with my luck, does it matter if they do not, and how do I to set up if not?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have set up SNMP trap forwarding from Dell IT Assistant (ITA). In setting this up I do not know what port to forward them in on. I can only forward them only on one port and SNMP is 2 ports 161 and 162.

SNMP protocol uses port 162 for trap messages. Port 161 is used for GET, SET... requests.
However you may use different port if you want. See "Settings for SNMP Trap tests" options on Miscellaneous page in the Options dialog.

Quote:
The next question is about OID's. I do not know if it sends OID's or not. And with my luck, does it matter if they do not, and how do I to set up if not?

If you don't know what message can be sent by Dell IT Assistant, setup SNMP Trap test to receive all incoming messages.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: