KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Warning: Wrong date format

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ianacces

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Warning: Wrong date format Reply with quote

I'm using a registered version of Host Monitor (4.86) and Log Analyser (4.20) on a Windows 2000 machine.

I recently changed the logging options from logging to one never-ending html log file to a monthly rotating text file.

Now when I open Log Analyzer by right-mouse clicking on statistics from the Host Monitor I get the following error message:

Warning: Wrong date format encountered in the log file. The system date format may have been changed.

After that I click on the lower pane to get a fullscreen chart and I get another error:

Wrong date/time format in the log. Probably regional settings was changed. Time scaling disabled.

I'd like to get rid of these errors and have the appearance to be the same as before. What can I do?

Thank you

Ian Masters
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have set up different date formats for HostMonitor and Log Analyzer use. Please use the same date format for both programs.
See "Use fixed date&time" option (better change this option for Log Analyzer because log file already has some records).

Regards
Alex
ianacces

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Warning: Wrong date format Reply with quote

As you suggested I checked that both Host Monitor and Log Analyzer are both using the fixed date and time format; specifically :
Date format: yyyy-MM-dd
Time format: h:mm:ss AMPM

I'm still getting identical errors even after restarting Host Monitor and Log Analyzer.

Any more ideas?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restart will not help because some record with wrong date format already presents in the log.

Quote:
After that I click on the lower pane to get a fullscreen chart and I get another error:

Are you getting this error for various test items? Or just one test produces such error? If only one test gives error, you may find invalid record by yourself. Otherwise send log file to support@ks-soft.net, we will try to find what is wrong. Please pack the file (zip, arc, rar). I hope size of the log is less then 100 Mb?

Regards
Alex
ianacces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the error after it has appeared once but none of the full-screen graphs show time and date along the horizontal axis as it did before. I'll send the log to you.

Thanks

Ian Masters
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have changed time format. You have used HH:MM:SS time format earlier; you are using H:MM:SSAMPM format since 2005-02-18.
Please use any text editor to separate records into 2 log files.

Regards
Alex
ianacces

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Problem solved.

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: