KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA and Test Method by External Program

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddymicro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: RMA and Test Method by External Program Reply with quote

Hello,

I want to run a .cmd file on a WIndows Server with the RMA agent installed. I know the agent works since I can run other test such as Drive Space etc... When I try to run the External program I get error 301 (system cannot find the specified path). For example if I just wanted to launch notepad.exe in the C:\windows directory how would I do it, what would I put in the external program field. I expected I would simply enter
c:\windows\notepad.exe (meaning the C drive of the remote machine) this does not work, what am I doing wrong ?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I expected I would simply enter c:\windows\notepad.exe

Yes, it should work like this.
If you experience any problem, please provide more information:
- HostMonitor version
- RMA version
- Windows version
- Service Pack?

I recall we fixed such problem long time ago. Probably you are using old version of the software?

Regards
Alex
eddymicro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Configuration Reply with quote

Windows Server 2003 with Hostmonitor 4.86
RMA 2.02 installed on Windows 2000 server (SP4) and Windows 2003 server

RMA works for other commands. Have tried running as application and service. WHen running as application it show connections.

All tests and actions are enabled in the agent.

Please give me a suggestion for another simple example I have just tried running notepad.exe
eddymicro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Solved Problem Reply with quote

Hello,

I cannot get the notepad.exe to be visable. It was running but not visible when I looked in task manager, that is the problem. I am running .cmd files so I am all set now. But if you want to run a program I could not find a way to make it visible. I tried showmaximized, it did not work.

Ed...
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent uses SW_HIDE mode for external tests. Program supose to perform some check, do not display some info.
If you do not need to perform test but you need to start some application, use "Execute external program"action

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: