KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

If Enabling/Disabling Large # of Items Takes A Long Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: If Enabling/Disabling Large # of Items Takes A Long Time Reply with quote

This is not a bug - more of an epiphany on my part. I wanted to share my recent enlightenment in case others were having a similar problem.

I had commented -- in a previous message -- that whenever I had to disable all the items in a folder (or several folders), that this operation required a lot of time to complete.

Turns out that I just hadn't realized the consequences of an earlier decision. To make sure I never lost any changes to my config, I had checked the option to "Auto save TestList after any changes" (This is found under Options | Preferences | Autosave options.)

If this option is left unchecked, enabling/disabling of a large # of items happens very quickly. Now, I'll normally leave this item checked -- so I don't have to think about saving the config. However, when I need to enable or disable a large number of items at once, I first uncheck this box, go do what I need to do, then save the config and lastly re-enable the check box.

Problem solved.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. Ok, will be fixed in next version

Regards
Alex
timn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex. Like I said, I don't really think of this as a bug per se - after all, HM was doing exactly what I had told it to do. I just hadn't considered all the consequences of my actions.

If you think you could improve this, then that would be great -- but now that I understand what is happening, it is a very easy problem to avoid.

I guess what I'm saying is that if this is an easy fix, great, but if a major investment of your time is required, I certainly don't consider this an 'urgent' issue.

Regards, Tim
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not hard to fix

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: