KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

lastest RMA agent for windows?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donk3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: lastest RMA agent for windows? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade my lastest RMA agent version fo 2.0
I haven't been on this site for awhile, but I do remember upgrading the agent by just downloading the lastest rma.exe from the DOWNLOAD page. I currently don't see an option for windows rma agents, has it been relocated and I can't find it or do you have to upgrade host monitor in order to upgrade the agents now? Please inform me of what I'm missing, besides the picture.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I do remember upgrading the agent by just downloading the lastest rma.exe from the DOWNLOAD page

Actually RMA for Windows was never available on this page. Because it is included in the Advanced Host Montor package.
And there are no reason to install RMA 2.0 without installing HostMonitor 4.70.
So, please download whole package. Use "Custom" installation mode to install agent.

Regards
Alex
donk3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have host monitor 4.70 installed. I downloaded 4.86 hostmon.exe and extracted it via winrar. I found the rma.exe and did a remote install. The version appeared to be 1.16
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Advanced Host Monitor 4.70 includes RMA 2.00
Advanced Host Monitor 4.86 includes RMA 2.02

Regards
Alex
jacksun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: RMA Agent remote installation Reply with quote

Hi, I have 4.86 running (enterprise, lifetime upgrades, 100 agent license). I want to push out the latest RMA to my servers from my monitoring station. I have read the instructions but all I can see is use the custom install option to install the agent. This would mean visiting each machine.
How do I go about pushing out the new agents without having to visit each machine? Do I install the new agent on the monitoring system and point to file there or what?

Thanks.
Wayne
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Use "Custom" instalation mode to install latest version of the agent on SINGLE system (systemA)
2) Use RMA Manager to update ALL your servers at once (using rma.exe module from systemA)

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: