KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Is AHM the right tool for me??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikepiet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Is AHM the right tool for me?? Reply with quote

Hi-

I have been evaluating server health\monitoring products for a while now trying to find one that is quick, easy and can do what I need.

A few months back we had a problem with a server that was caused by a full hard drive. What I am looking for is simple. I need a tool that will allow me to quickly, hopefully in real-time, give me various server reports relating to everything from available disk space, memory usage etc etc. I would also like it to be able to alert me to new event log messages, specifically errors and warnings. And also, I would love if the tool could also present to me all the logs in the event logs.

As far as alerting, I would like audible alerts that continue until acknowledge by an admin.

I hoping this tool can do that for me. To name a few products I have looked at so far, Alchemy-Eye, Network-Eagle, monitorIT and MonitorMagic. I did like Monitor Magic but it was just too expensive. Hopefull Alex can let me know if this will work for me or perhaps someone can turn me on to something that can.

Thanks,

Michael Pietrzak
The Salk Institute
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I am looking for is simple. I need a tool that will allow me to quickly, hopefully in real-time, give me various server reports relating to everything from available disk space, memory usage etc etc

Not sure HostMonitor can produce report about "everything" but for sure it can check available disk space and memory usage.
There is list of test methods supported by HostMonitor:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/index-tests.htm

Quote:
I would also like it to be able to alert me to new event log messages, specifically errors and warnings.

You may use "NT Event Log" test method for this purpose
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#chkNTLog

Quote:
And also, I would love if the tool could also present to me all the logs in the event logs.

You want to store information all about monitored systems in the Event Log? HostMonitor can do that but I don't think its a good idea to store all information in the Event Log.

Quote:
As far as alerting, I would like audible alerts that continue until acknowledge by an admin.

Until acknowledge? HostMonitor does not receive special acknowledgements. It can send alerts until problem fixed or some specified number of times.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: