KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA: Cannot read data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carphead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: RMA: Cannot read data Reply with quote

I keep getting this message when running Test...

They are always SNMP from a local RMA to a remote device (varies on type of device).

I've reset the retries to 5 and the time out to 5000 MS.

Any other suggestions?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I keep getting this message when running Test... Any other suggestions?

Do you mean we already have converstation about this problem? I cannot find any other your posts about this problem.

Quote:
They are always SNMP from a local RMA to a remote device (varies on type of device).

You receive "RMA: Cannot read data" error only for SNMP tests? Other tests performed by the same agent works fine?
Most likelly timeout that is specified for this agent is too short. Could you check connection parameters?

Regards
Alex
carphead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:
I keep getting this message when running Test... Any other suggestions?

Do you mean we already have converstation about this problem? I cannot find any other your posts about this problem.

Sorry my mistake. I added the "other" and shouldn't of. Didn't read what I'd posted

Quote:

Quote:

You receive "RMA: Cannot read data" error only for SNMP tests? Other tests performed by the same agent works fine?
Most likelly timeout that is specified for this agent is too short. Could you check connection parameters?

I'll increase the time out as it's doing about 8 tests against the same device at the time. I'm only using the RMA because it's 2003 server and needed to get round the mgmtapi.dll problem.

The RMA seems to be the problem. I'll increase the timeout tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll increase the time out as it's doing about 8 tests against the same device at the time. I'm only using the RMA because it's 2003 server and needed to get round the mgmtapi.dll problem.

You may try to replace this DLL by DLL from Windows 2000 SP4. We don't have any bad response about such replacement. Our system works fine as well

Regards
Alex
carphead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the mgmtapi.dll gets replaced after each reboot. Changing it in the dllcache didn't help either.

I have several other items on the monitoring server which lock the mgmtapi.dll which means it can't be replaced at reboot.

As the machine has to be rebooted daily the RMA route is the only way I can go.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have replaced this dll without problems (or may be I forgot about problems?). But somehow we do not have a copy in dllcache directory..

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: