KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

can't execute external program in service mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gufmar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: can't execute external program in service mode Reply with quote

I've running hostmonitor in service mode on win2003 server. When I try to use as action "execute external program" this seems to work only if Hostmonitor is started in normal mode.

I've tried to change the service mode from "local system account" to "use account..." without any success. In both cases there shouldn't be any problem to access the "external program"

The external programm is a vbscript called trough cscript.exe:

c:\windows\system32\cscript.exe c:\scriptdirectory\sendsms.vbs "%testname%: %simplestatus% (%datetime%)"

This command line is working great if HM runs in normal mode (console or terminal service) but not if HM is running in service mode.

any ideas?

Markus
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot reproduce this error. Of course I used another script for testing, HostMonitor is able to start external program.
Could you please check system log? If HostMonitor cannot launch cscript.exe, there should be error description.
Most likelly HostMonitor successfully starts script.exe but scripting host cannot perform script for some reason... Could you try to start some other external application, for testing?

Regards
Alex
gufmar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: problem solved Reply with quote

hm there was some problem with the local system account. Now Hostmonitor, external program (cscript) and the script seems running fine.

thanks
Markus
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: