KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Web access denied after upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jacksun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Web access denied after upgrade Reply with quote

Hi, I am testing your hostmonitor and I have encountered an issue after upgrading from 4.70 to 4.74. Previously all web access was fine, but after upgrading nothing works any longer. Even valid user ID's and passwords are rejected. I have done everything from changing the passwords, new users, different ports etc without success.
I also cannot add any more than 1 IP to the access list under user profiles. All the above issues are also encountered when trying to access from the local machine. Monitor and web service running as a service or application makes no difference.

Windows 2000, sp4, all updates, latest hostmonitor version 4.74

Any ideas?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also cannot add any more than 1 IP to the access list under user profiles.

How you add address? Have you press Insert key? Any error messages?

Regards
Alex
jacksun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, okay the insert key allows me to add other IP's (wasn't aware this was the way to do it, tried right click, looked for button etc).
Even adding the IP of the machine I am trying to use web access from results in an access denied (Error 401, access restricted)
jacksun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I figured it out. 127.0.0.1 was not working, I had to add the actual IP address of the Hostmonitor server to the user profile I was trying to log in as.
I think this may have been a result of a change I made to the webserver.ini file. Under the [RCI] group I changed Address=127.0.0.1 to Address=servername. Weird this would make a difference, but I guess it does.

Thanks for the quick response!!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK, I figured it out. 127.0.0.1 was not working, I had to add the actual IP address of the Hostmonitor server to the user profile I was trying to log in as.

Address of the Web Service should be there. I assume you have HostMonitor and Web Service on the same system.

Quote:
I think this may have been a result of a change I made to the webserver.ini file. Under the [RCI] group I changed Address=127.0.0.1 to Address=servername. Weird this would make a difference, but I guess it does.

Its easy to explain. If Web Service connects to HostMonitor using address 127.0.0.1, Windows/Winsock uses loopback interface. In this case HostMonitor "sees" 127.0.0.1 as incoming address. If Web Service connects to HostMonitor using IP address of the system, Windows/Winsock uses network interface with real IP address...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: