KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Norton Antivirus (NAV)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Norton Antivirus (NAV) Reply with quote

We have information about issue with Norton Antivirus. If HostMonitor checks SMTP and/or POP3 services, NAV module (module that checks e-mail) fails and prevent access to SMTP and POP3 services.
Symantec suggested installing NAV server (that does not have an email component), in place of NAV client.

We know problem exists in NAV version 9.0.0.338 but we do not have information about other versions.
If you have NAV installed and you are using SMTP or POP3 test methods, please post information about NAV version. This information could be useful to anyone because we will know which version of NAV has error and which version doesn't

Regards
Alex
fizbin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: McAfee Version 8i Reply with quote

If you have McAfee Version 8, on access scan running, you will receive the following error when trying to send an alarm via email.

Quote:
[10/7/2004 8:48:09 AM] Open Error #500 (500 ESocketException: Error 10053 in function Connect
Connection aborted)

You must disable on access scanning to prevent this error.
I have been unable to prevent this error from what little testing I have tried, Excluding the hostmonitor4 dir does not work either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: