KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

IMAP "recent msgs only test" (v4.60)does not work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeeAHM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:16 pm    Post subject: IMAP "recent msgs only test" (v4.60)does not work Reply with quote

As in the problem reported by jbelant two years ago IMAP "recent msgs only" does not work correctly:

http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=165&highlight=imap

I also have Exchange 2000, AHM, however is of version 4.60.

I'm trying to test my email setup: SMTP GW1 -> SMTP GW2 -> Exchange

by sending a message with blat to SMTP GW1 every 5 minutes. Than, every 10 minutes AHM's IMAP check is supposed to check for the number of messages since the last check. If everything is working fine I should have at least one new message since the last check.

IMAP test however keeps on counting new messages that are comming in. One message comes - IMAP test =1, second message comes - IMAP test =2 and so on. Only if I connect with Outlook express IMAP recent... test is reset to 0.

It seems that Outlook Express does something that IMAP test does not.

Help?

Perhaps someone has a better way of SMTP to IMAP check?

thanks,

Mike
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
IMAP test however keeps on counting new messages that are comming in. One message comes - IMAP test =1, second message comes - IMAP test =2 and so on. Only if I connect with Outlook express IMAP recent... test is reset to 0.
It seems that Outlook Express does something that IMAP test does not.

Yes, of course!! HostMonitor does not change status of the messages. It should not do that. Outlook should change status and it does.
So, everything is correct.

Regards
Alex
MikeeAHM

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yes, of course!! HostMonitor does not change status of the messages. It should not do that. Outlook should change status and it does.
So, everything is correct.

OK. I can see the value of that. The reason for my test is to find out if new messagess arrived since the last check. I was hoping that the check would reset the counter so the next time, if the counter is >0, I know new messages arrived (since last check).

How do you suggest I do that?

thanks,

Mike

...later in the day...

PS.: I have found the way to do that thanks to your reply in another thread pointing to the use of macros. In case someone is interested, I have used advanced mode under action properties and compared %Reply% (which counts the messages) with %LastReply%

cheers,

Mike
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PS.: I have found the way to do that thanks to your reply in another thread pointing to the use of macros. In case someone is interested, I have used advanced mode under action properties and compared %Reply% (which counts the messages) with %LastReply%

Yeah, I think its the only solution

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: