KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

More questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quantum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: More questions Reply with quote

1. Is there a way to monitor that ammount of memory used by a process? This needs to be via RMA and direct.

2. Purchased my Hostmon Enterprise license today how long will it take for the license key to arrive ?

Thanks

-Q
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
. Is there a way to monitor that ammount of memory used by a process? This needs to be via RMA and direct.

Use Performance Counter test (counter should look like "\Process(explorer)\Virtual Bytes")

Quote:
Purchased my Hostmon Enterprise license today how long will it take for the license key to arrive ?

Depends on payment method. If you used credit card, probably you already received license.

Regards
Alex
Quantum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Use Performance Counter test (counter should look like "\Process(explorer)\Virtual Bytes")

This seemed to work at first however I am finding that this value is massivley inacurate.

Example: mytask.exe is listed in taskmanager as using 460 MB of RAM however the return from \Process(mytask)\Virtual Bytes showes that it is using over 1GB !!

Have you ever seen this ? Is there a perf mon value for the memory usage that is displayed in Taskmanager ?

To prove my point I have just compaired the taskmanager memory for explorer.exe on my desktop.

Taskmanager=17,280K
Perfmon \Process(explorer)\Virtual Bytes = 95,978,048 bytes

Any ideas how I can get a more acurate reading ??!

Thanks

-Q
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like:
- "VM Size" field (Task Manager) displays value of \Process(process_name)\Page File Bytes counter
- Mem Usage" field (Task Manager) displays value of \Process(process_name)\Working Set counter

Regards
Alex
Quantum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you are a star !!

-Q
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: