KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Active Process is shown as Bad/Alive

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i want to log the activity of some processes. But if i configure the test for a process i am only be able to see process-status as Bad or Alive.
Hostmonitor should be able to log a test as "active process", too.
Regards.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I am not quite sure what is "active process"?
HostMonitor retrieves list of all processes and mark test as "Bad" if number of instances of the specified process is out of the defined range.

Regards
Alex
Peter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry because of my late answer (holiday).

With active process i mean a process which is generated and killed every hour by an application. It does not have bad or alive status.
To inform and to log the activity of this process i need another status.
Regards
Peter
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,
Sorry, but I still do not understand your problem.
HostMonitor control specified process on specified system and mark status of the test as "Bad" if number of instances of the specified process is out of the defined range. "Bad" and "Ok" are not status of the process, its status of the test. Its up to you how to configure test. If you need to monitor number of instances of some process, you can use Reply field, in this field HostMonitor displays number of instances. Log files contain this field, also you can include Reply field into reports.

So, what the problem? May be process that you want to monitor starts for short time and quits in several minutes or secons? In this case its hard to synchronize test execution and time when you program executed. But its problem with synchronization, not problem with status. So, I still do not understand anything. Could you please explain?

Regards
Alex
Peter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

"Bad" and "Ok" are not status of the process, its status of the test.

Right, but if publishing the Teststatus by a parameter, the status of the test is OK (if no process active) and BAD (if process is active; i configured it so).
I would like to show the status "active", if an instance of this process is found without a "if Number of process, then-script"

King regards,
Peter
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you just do not like standard statuses "Bad" and "Ok"? And you want to change "Bad" to "No active" and change "Ok" to "Active"? Am I right?

Regards
Alex
Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you want to change "Bad" to "No active" and change "Ok" to "Active"? Am I right?

I like "Bad" and "OK"
But for pure logging it is not important to know, if Bad or Ok. Some of my processes sometimes only are active, and thats enough information for publishing.
To evaluate the logging information if this process was active or not, Bad and OK-status are not the right publishing information.
But this topic does not narrow your great Tool.
King regards
Peter
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

>But for pure logging it is not important to >know, if Bad or Ok. Some of my processes >sometimes only are active, and thats enough >information for publishing.

So, if process will be active, HostMonitor will mark test as "Ok". If process terminates, HostMonitor will mark test as "Bad". Or with different settings HostMonitor can mark test as "Bad" when process is active, and change status to "Ok" when process terminates.

>To evaluate the logging information if this >process was active or not, Bad and OK->status are not the right publishing >information.

Why? I am realy sorry but I still do not understand problem

>But this topic does not narrow your great >Tool.

Thank you

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: