KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

too many processes shown?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emvdlee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm monitoring a process on a remote nt system. The monitor indicates that a certain process is running three times in stead of once. When I look on the remote system is the nt task manager I only see one process running. Is this a bug in the hostmonitor or my remote system not showing me all the processes it is running?

Bye, Erik
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric,
I think HostMonitor works correctly because many customers uses Process test without problems. I can check HostMonitor's code again but I need to know what version of the program do you use.
BTW Do you use "Applications" tab of Task Manager? Or you use "Processes" tab? Its possible when started several instances of the process but only one instance visible as application.

Regards
Alex
emvdlee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I'm using version 3.19 of HostMonitor and look at the processes tab of the task manager. The test method is "check process..."

Erik
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked HostMonitor's code, everything looks correctly. Strange situation. Does HostMonitor display wrong number of instances for any process? Or just for some?

Regards
Alex
emvdlee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have a problem with this one system. I have another node with the exact same configuration and there I only see one occurence in hostmonitor (as it should). Hostmonitor also shows three of the same processes in the processes listbox when you define a test. It's weird. Unfortunately I'm not in the position to reboot the system at any given time. Do processes get logged in the registry somehow? I'm not sure where you interface to to collect the processes currently running on a server. Do you have any suggestions on where to look for possible errors on the node?

Thanks, Erik
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HostMonitor retrieves list of processes using pseudo-registry (this is the only way to access to performance counters). Unfortunately using standard programs (like regedit) you cannot access to performance counters, so you cannot check what's wrong. I think I cannot access your NT machine from Internet due to security reason?

Regards
Alex
emvdlee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have guessed correct! You are not allowed on our network, sorry. Is there a tool I can use to determine it myself?

Erik
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one cool freeware utility: PerfExplorer. But I am not sure I have rights to upload this program to our web site. So, if you send e-mail to our address line2@ks-soft.net, I will reply with attachment.

Regards
Alex

PS I can try to find link to PerfExplorer home page, but you need to have Delphi to compile utility.
jricha34

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does perfmon show on that machine? That displays the process counters.
emvdlee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PerfMonitor comes up with an error when I try to display the process "folder" in the interface. It displays the message: 'List index out of bounds (36)'.

Something seems not to be as it should.

I tried it on the other machine with the same configuration we got running and it displays the processes as it should.

I'm probably looking at restarting the device at some time in the near future.

Any thoughts about the error message?
Erik
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it displays all performance counters including processes. You can click on "Process" item and check list of processes on your system. In that way we can check what's wrong: something wrong with performance counters on your machine or something wrong with HostMonitor.

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2002 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to check why this error appear. But its hard to check source code that was developed in other company, especially when we cannot reproduce this error.

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: