Report creation error: Out of memory

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Marcus

Report creation error: Out of memory

Post by Marcus »

When investigating Tests out of schedule I found the following message in the syslog of HostMonitor: Report creation error: Out of memory

This error occured when I enabled a few hundreds of tests, which were disabled due to network problems. It seems that when I enabled the tests, they all want to create a report at the same time (every status change wil create a new report). Although I understand this can mean the reports wil be rewritten often while the tests are enabled and HostMonitor response is slow, it should never result in an out of memory message (unless reports are created in memory first, which wil ask for a queueing mechanism :D )

I actually did stop and started HostMonitor because it did not create reports any more.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

H'm.....
Actually HostMonitor creates reports one by one, it does not create several reports at the same time...
I am checking reports module for memory leakage but it looks Ok. What kind of reports do you use?

Regards
Alex
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

We use custom html reports.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Checked Custom HTML reports, verified the code and tried to create many reports for 2 thousand of tests... no memory leakage.
May be some other application took resources? No?

Regards
Alex
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

May be some other application took resources? No?
To be honest, I did not check that. But the pagefile was not used more than usual and it was a HostMonitor message. No other application stopped or ran into memory problems.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Ok, lets wait...
What about "Out of Schedule" problem? Its fixed by itself? Or you still experience that problem?

Regards
Alex
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

The out of schedule problem has not occured since the last time.