KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Using Text log

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Using Text log Reply with quote

Hello all...

I'm using the test method "Text Log" to check for an existense of a text in a Log file but having trouble with the "Any new events" and "Last new events".

The thing I'm looking for is only the existense of a specifik text string in the Log file regardless of the "new factor". I'm using the command "Query User > TextFile.Txt" on a Citrix server to enumerate the users currently connected onto the server witch creates a list of current users. It's scheduled to run every 5 min. HostMonitor is then suppose to check the text file for the existense of some named users (external consulting) and give us a note when the user starts using the Citrix server and when the user stops using the Citrix server.

Please....

Kind Regards
Mogge
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you need to use "Compare Files" test method instead of "Text Log" method.
Comare Files test method has "Alert when file contains string" option.

Regards
Alex
Mogge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex

Thanks!! It works fine!

Regards
Mogens
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: