KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Citrix Xp and W2K Server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Citrix Xp and W2K Server Reply with quote

Is there away to monitor Citrix through host monitor without installing it on the term server session. (I think I said that right) I have it installed on the server but connot monitor the Citrix Processes. What I would like to do is to monitor the availability of the server for logins. A ping test or anything like that wont work. I can ping the server and run all types of monitoring tests. I can even look at the server and see no problems. But once a user cannot connect (it just hangs) within 15 minutes the server will go blue screen and we have to restart it. If I could monitor when the logins start to hang I could possibly catch the probleem befor it blue screens.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have it installed on the server but connot monitor the Citrix Processes.

Why you cannot monitor processes? Does HostMonitor return "Unknown" status?

Quote:
If I could monitor when the logins start to hang I could possibly catch the probleem befor it blue screens

H'm... HostMonitor cannot check how process works. But can check process presents in memory or doesn't. Also it can check memory/cpu/handles usage by specified process. Probably your server hangs when some process uses too much resources...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: