KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Advanced (ODBC) logging only logs parent tests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Advanced (ODBC) logging only logs parent tests Reply with quote

I'm evaluating HM as a possible application for monitoring network services here and having a few problems...

Like the topic states I've got ODBC logging enabled however only parent tasks are logged, none of the tests that are dependant on other tests are logged into the DB. The GUI does state that tests are continuing on these other items, they just do not appear in the DB.

Is this by design? If so how do I get it to log the other tests? If this were a bug I cant imagine I would be the first to run into it.

Thanks,

-Erik
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of hostMonitor do you use?

If test depends on some other test AND result of the Master test forbids execution of dependant test, dependant test is not executed. If test is not executed, it cannot provide any records in the log.

Or probably you do not see log records just because status of the test was not changed and "Save only if host status changes" logging option is enabled.
If you want to log information about every test execution, choose "Save all information" option. Option located on "Log settings" page in the Options dialog.

Regards
Alex
Erik

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
What version of hostMonitor do you use?

If test depends on some other test AND result of the Master test forbids execution of dependant test, dependant test is not executed. If test is not executed, it cannot provide any records in the log.

Or probably you do not see log records just because status of the test was not changed and "Save only if host status changes" logging option is enabled.
If you want to log information about every test execution, choose "Save all information" option. Option located on "Log settings" page in the Options dialog.

Regards
Alex

You're right it looks like I just had it set to log if the status changed so that explains why the other items werent getting logged. What I dont understand than is why it was dropping the results from our core switch (which just about everything is dependant on) to the database every time. Is there some setting that I'm missing that is causing that test to be logged every time?

HM v. 4.42

Thanks,

-Erik
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check test's property "Logging mode". It has several options:
    Default - the common settings defined in the Options dialog are used;
    Brief - record information whenever status of the test changes;
    Full - record all test results, regardless of whether their status had changed or not;
    Reply - record information into log every time the status or reply value of the test changes.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: