KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Service & Alert Issues...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STUDIOdm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Service & Alert Issues... Reply with quote

Hey All!

I am currently trialing HostMonitor for the monitoring of HTTP (and a couple of of other tests) availability. It processes the tests fine, sending out emails (and SMS alerts by sending an email to an SMS gateway mailbox), however I am having issues with a) The service b) Multiple alerts...

The service, although setup correctly, says its running in Services (2k Server) and setup automatically, it does not start properly when the server is reset, showing the error both on-screen and in the event log. The service does start a few minutes after that error though, I am unsure why..... there are no applications on that server I can see which might be causing any conflicts...

The server at the moment is shutdown at the end of the day (due to security and ventilation), so when the system is rebooted, the service starts (see above ^), but it sends out Alive messages every few minutes and wont stop. I can see why this is happening, as when the system is shutdown and restarted, the status of each individual test is lost, so when the system restarts, I should get a) A message to say the alert is in unknown state and b) A message shortly after to tell me the status has changed from Unknown to Alive. However, although I only have 6x tests setup, I am getting 26 SMS text messages, which are sent from the server. I have had to disable the Alive message alerts to stop this from happening. Any ideas why this is?

Thanx for your help!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) What exactly error message do you see?
2) Could you send hostmon.ini, actions.lst and HML file with tests to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the files. Unfortunately I cannot say what WAS wrong because you already removed all "good" actions.

I can try to make an assumption. I see you are using "Repeat: 5 times" for bad actions. Probably you have used the same option for good actions? That's why you received 5 messages for each test item.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: