KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA as a service, access denied

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nephilim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:51 am    Post subject: RMA as a service, access denied Reply with quote

I have a strange problem, been skimming the forum but noone seem to have something like it.

I run RMA 1.18 on a win2000 server and want to monitor diskspace on a datadisk. It's currently at about 90 Gb free and I want it to alert when space drops below 1 Gb. It's mapped as R:. I also have a few smaller disks called D: and E:

Anyway, I start the RMA as a service and when I try to connect to the RMA from another server I get "RMA:301- Access is denied.", but only when I check the R:, not D: or E:. If I run it as an application I get the correct numbers and no error.

I've tried starting it with a specially created account with admin-privs but the problem still occurs. The server and the client resides in different domains though, but there's a trust between them and besides, RMA shouldn't be concerned with that, should it ?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under "local system" account RMA cannot check network resources.
I would recommend to start service (RMA) under administrator (or Power User) account and use "UNC" test method instead of "Drive Free Space" method (you will be able to provide path to the resource, like \\dataserver\driveC).
"Drive Free Space" test method is good for local drives only.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: