KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

SQL Query Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dpeterka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: SQL Query Error Reply with quote

Hello,

Very infrequently (once every 100 tests or so, maybe) I receive this error running a ODBC SQL Query (Oracle Driver 8.01.07.00)

Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000

HM 4.42 on W2k SP3

Any thoughts?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have checked our database, checked the code, and checked several newsgroups. Nothing really useful.

Driver for Oracle 7 could produce this error, but you have Oracle 8.

Driver for Oracle 8 may crash when application uses SQL_FETCH_ABSOLUTE command. HostMonitor may use this command when perform ODBC query test (unless you mark "Do not use SQLFetchAbsolute command" option). But as I understand you do not use ODBC Query test method. You are using ODBC logging. Right? ODBC logging doesn't use SQL_FETCH_ABSOLUTE command, so I still don't know what could be the reason...

Regards
Alex
dpeterka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using ODBC Query, my apologies for not stating it clearly.

I'm a bit confused about the SQL_FETCH_ABSOLUTE , it's not an option in the ODBC Query nor an option in the ODBC driver. So not sure where to look

I do use the same ODBC to call several tests do you think that if the tool calls one test while another is executing that this could cause the conflict?

_____edit___ ignore added DoNotUse_SqlFetchAbsolute=1 to hostmon.ini will see if the error returns.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm a bit confused about the SQL_FETCH_ABSOLUTE , it's not an option in the ODBC Query nor an option in the ODBC driver. So not sure where to look

Option located on Miscellaneous page in the Options dialog

Quote:
_____edit___ ignore added DoNotUse_SqlFetchAbsolute=1 to hostmon.ini will see if the error returns.

I assume you have restarted HostMonitor after you modified ini file?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: