KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

UNC availability test returning unknown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Moore

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 7:43 am    Post subject: UNC availability test returning unknown Reply with quote

I recently bought and started using HostMonitor. It's great! I'm having one problem, though.

I've been using it while logged on with a domain admin account. All my tests worked fine. But, since I leave the thing on 24/7, I decided I ought to login to the machine with a less privileged account. When I do that, though, one of my UNC availability tests returns "unknown." The test is set up the exact same way, with the same "Connect as" credentials for the test. I even tried deleting and re-creating the test, with the same result. If I go back to my Domain Admin account, the test works fine.

I'm running a bunch of other UNC availability/free space tests to other servers without any problem.

Any clues as to what might be going on?

Thanks,
Rob
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume HostMonitor is running in application mode?
I would recommend to start HostMonitor as service and provide domain admin account on Service page in the Options dialog (HostMonitor's Options dialog).
How to install monitor as service? www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/other.htm#Service

Regards
Alex
Rob Moore

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did it. I forgot that you could start it as a service. Thanks!

Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: